Friday 28 March 2008

Spring Sprouts Hat and Booties

I found out that a friend of mine is having a baby ... and I am so excited for her! She is 6 months pregnant (I don't see her often ... obviously, or I may have figured it out sooner ... lol!) -- it is a boy!


I started knitting a hat (Little Love pattern by Gundrun Johnston) for her as soon as I found out









and then a pair of booties (Ruth's Perfect Baby Booties pattern by Ruth B.) ... only one is pictured with the mommy to be and soon to be baby (he's hiding inside the bump)



They turned out cute ... and I am really happy with the designs and the materials (I have never knit a bootie before).



Yarn: Patons Bumblebee Baby Cotton in Daffodil and Sweet Grass -- not even a ball of each (probably a half ball of the green!)
Needles: 4 mm for the hat, 3.5 mm for the booties
Mods: None on the hat, with the booties, I did an i-cord instead of ribbon, and did a seed stitch rib instead of a standard rib (more textured ... and feels neato!)
Size: Hat - one size, Booties - Newborn to 3 months
Again?: You bet! Fast, fun, easy and adorable!

2 comments:

lexa said...

Very cute! Gotta love fast baby stuff.

Diane said...

Interesting way to get that baby to come out; bait! 'and if you come out you can wear this cute little booties'