Monday 13 October 2008

24 hour gift



Over a month ago, we were invited to a surprise 50th birthday party for my step-mother (it was on Saturday night) - I thought I'd make her a purse, as she's always admiring my purses. Procrastination is a great yet terrible thing, as Friday at suppertime, I realized I didn't have a present for the party the next night starting at 7:45 p.m.

The Project:

My Modified Booga
Cast on 6 p.m. Oct. 10, bound off 12 noon Oct. 11th, felted 12:30 p.m. Oct. 11th, then placed in front of a fan until 7:30 p.m. that same day. Button, buckle and braiding sewn on by 7:45 p.m. and we were only 15 minutes late for the party! Of course the birthday girl arrived before T and I did, so we missed the big "SURPRISE!", but at least she got a FO that was dry (and not a promissory note, which usually happens when I procrastinate - see Mom's birthday socks, T's anniversary socks and my mother in Law's Christmas purse! I guess I am not good with a deadline~).

She called on Sunday morning to say she opened it after the party was over and loves it, and now all her friends want one! LOL! I am glad it was a hit!

The yarn is Seans Sheep, from Walmart, colour #31070801; I used 2 skeins (118 yds/skein). It is a lot like Patons SWS, and even better, was on sale for $1.97 per skein! Gotta love it when you get a great deal on yarn! (Of course, I picked up enough to make 3 purses, the other colours are orange/yellow mix, and green/blue mix - more green than blue).

2 comments:

lexa said...

That's cute! What a great buy to find. I gotta start checking out the yarn departments in those department stores. You never know when you'll come across a deal. :)

Dorothy said...

Nice bag!
I've got to check out that yarn next time I get to a walmart.