Sunday 26 October 2008

The Charade is Over!


FO to show ...
Charade socks
Yarn: Bernat Hot Socks
Colourway: Hippie Hot
Needles: Bryspun 2.75 mm
Mods: None
Again: I can definitely see doing these socks again ... a nice variation on a ribbed sock. The herringbone rib is pretty, a little different, and easy enough to do that after the first round, the pattern is memorized. I really enjoyed my first "Wide Toe".
I'll also work with the Hot Sox again ... it is soft, easy to work with, the ball was huge (enough left over to knit a third sock to the pair or a pair for a child if I wanted to) and the selection of colours is pretty. The acrylic will wear like iron, and will make a sock that I won't worry about wearing around the house (unlike some of the ones I make out of expensive yarn). I have a pair made of the old Bernat Hot Sox (my Hot Tamales) and they are my favorite "relaxing at home on a Saturday" socks.


I tried these on for the photo shoot, and they are still on my feet right now! Happy Charades!

** Also, I've been working on my pumpkin display ... gotta love a Halloween kitty! I made a bunch of these (and turkeys and ghosts) about 5 years ago for the fall craft sales, and only kept one for myself.

3 comments:

lexa said...

Love the socks! It's a cheap sock yarn, but definitely a good one. I'm glad this time around they added nylon. Makes it softer. Can't go wrong for $5.95+ tax!

Donna M said...

Your charades turned out nicely. They seem to be a popular pattern with the Ravelers, so maybe I will try them soon.

Megan said...

Great socks. I love that pattern.