Sunday 11 May 2008

A new FO


These are what I am calling L'il Little Richard socks ... probably a gift for either T's sister in law's birthday (May 18) or my sister's birthday (June 1st).

Details:


Yarn: Paton's Kroy Jacquards in "Tutti Fruitti" colourway, 1 - 50 g ball plus 2 grey sections, a pink and an orange from a second ball.

Needles: 2.75 mm Pony Pearls

Size: about a ladies 7 (too small for me)

Mods: I went with a reinforced heel instead of a show row heel suggested in the pattern, and did my own version of the toe. Also, cast on 64 stitches (72 would have made a very large sock).

Again? yep -- probably in the same colourway, for me! Love the colour, love the picot, and they are a cute little summer sock for boating.

2 comments:

Donna M said...

Really cute socks. I love the picot too!

lexa said...

That was fast! Holy cow, that didn't get to linger in the stash long.

We had one skein of that colorway. It's in the markdown bin for 25% off.