Friday 6 November 2009

somebody - please take away my self striping sock yarn!

I can't seem to stop knitting vanilla socks with self-striping yarn! I have other knitting to do, things people have ordered, craft sale knitting and Christmas gifts that aren't socks -- and what do I pick up to knit? Socks. I just finished these tonight ... made of Socken Wolle yarn in colour 675 (which I am calling "A Conservative Walk on the Wild Side" because of the neutral, conservative colours that contrast so much with the vibrant orange and magenta pink).

They are a gift for a friend ... can't say who - surprise gift!

The details are the same as all my other vanilla sock posts - knit on 2.75 mm needles (bamboo this time. I started them on Oct. 31st as Halloween knitting, and finished them tonight.

I like 'em ... sometimes it is good to mix the conservative and the wild!

3 comments:

lexa said...

You are definitely on a vanilla sock kick!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

They look great. I have several skeins of hand painted yarn, and I keep trying to find the perfect pattern for them, but I think Vanilla socks are probably the best way to showcase their beauty!

Donna M said...

I am doing the same thing with the felted clogs. Just can't seem to stop! I would like to knit socks!