Sunday 20 September 2009

Final verdict on the craft show ...

Success!

the tally - 5 purses, 8 Shrek hats, 34 jars of jams, 1 mesh cotton bag and one wee felted pumpkin. I am pleased with it ... and I have orders too (a dozen jars of peach jam, a Shrek hat and a baby hat. Funny, though - nearly all the Shrek hats sold to one family, one other woman got one and ordered one, so it is hard to gauge if they are a hit, or just a hit with 2 people.

Another funny thing ... the 5 purses that sold - the same 5 purses I finished on my week's vacation (none of the ones knit in the Spring went .... they were in the "safe colours" and the ones I made last week were in colours that I like -- maybe I should trust my own taste, and not try to make conservative choices? or maybe this weekend there were a bunch of loud colour junkies out and about at the craft show.

Oh, welll, off to make some jam for the lady who wants 12 jars, and that will be one thing off my list! (I'd rather be watching tv - but I have a pretty busy week coming up).

2 comments:

lexa said...

Congrats on a successful show!

Donna M said...

Sounds like you did well! Congrats!