Saturday 29 November 2008

Still no pictures

Still no access to my new pictures - so no new knitting (or critter shots) for you .

This is a sweater I knit for my niece about 4.5 years ago ... hows that for cute? (the baby , not the knitting ... LOL!)

And this is a sweater I made for my nephew about 4 years ago (one of 7 made for my sister's shower - she is my only sister and it was her first pregnancy - I wanted to knock her socks off!) ... knit from Snowflake chunky and he was so soft and snuggly in this sweater, He was just like a teddy bear.

My mother, sister and I are in a craft sale on Sunday at the Fire Hall in town ...
which is why I have been frantically trying to get something (anything!!) knit ... so far I have 5 felted purses and .... nothin' ... that's it aside from 26 jars of jam. November has been a really busy month work wise, and when I haven't been working, I have been knitting Red hatter purses - all are finally finished - felted and all I have to do are the finishing touches - attaching straps/snaps/buttons/accoutrements< and they can get out of my house and to their new homes.

Without pictures - this is a bit dull -- ummm, I felted the bags tonight (4 for the craft sale and 3 red hatter ones), and love them all more now that they are soft and fluffy. I get a bit more of a kick out of the felting process than I probably should - it amuses me to no end how it goes in big and loose and floppy, and comes out of the washer all fluffy and thick and totally transformed I could felt everything!
More later - It is 12:54 a.m. and I am beat -- need sleep! The excitement of so much felting has me exhausted {grins}.

*ETA: Whipped up 7 cowls - 3 children's sizes and 4 adult sizes for the sale. Mostly Shetland Chunky yarn, but also one in the Benat Black Lites ... very heavy, but pretty and sooo soft (too bad it is discontinued!)

2 comments:

lexa said...

You need to get your pictures working, girlie! Good luck at the sale. :)

My anti-spam word is daing.

Donna M said...

Good luck at your sale.

We missed you at the last few KNs.:(