Friday 12 February 2010

Wee FOs

I've been knitting a bit since the New Year , although you'd never know it from my blog or Ravelry - I just haven't been in a picture taking mood, but tonight on my way home, I picked up some ribbon to put the finishing touches on something I had just finished knitting.

Taa Dahhhh!

This wee wonder is knit from Sandnes Garn's Eskimo, and the pattern is Purl Dreams from Heirloom Stitches. Before anyone starts thinking anythings up that I haven't told you ... it is for a friend of mine, not me!

I also liked the Cowled and frosty Morning pattern I knit for T so much that I knit 3 more cowls in smaller sizes for our 3 nephews.

These were knit from Patons Shetland Chunky, and I'm too lazy to get up and look for the ball bands, so I am guessing when I say barn red tweed and charcoal tweed for the colours. The kids got them as Valentine's presents, but really, they are intended to keep the boys all safe - scarves on kids are so dangerous, cowls are a bit less hazardous!

I also knit a few more dishcloths - but T deleted the pictures I had taken a week ago, and again - too lazy to get up and take another picture! I've knit 11 of the Grandmothers favorite pattern, and 2 in a feather and fan pattern from the ball band of one of the big 1 pound balls.

There's more too - just have to track it down (things like partially finished socks aren't very exciting, but that's what I've been working on!)

Anyhow -- I am off to gather the knitting needles, yarn and supplies that I'll need for the Kntting Olympics ... I am knitting the Cozy cabin cardigan in Noro Kureon (spelling?) in colour 172. Wish me luck :)

Let the Games begin (but not until I am ready!)

1 comment:

Donna M said...

What a dear little hat!

Good luck with the sweater!