Sunday 5 August 2007

Sockapalooza socks ... done!

As of Friday evening at 7 p.m. ... they are finished!




Specs
Pattern: BFF by Cookie A (the internet won't let me kink to the pattern! sorry! you'll have to google it yourownself)
Yarn: Garn Studio's Fabel Superwash, Colour 677
Needles: 2.75 mm Brysun, 5 inch length (I love them .... my total favorite needle. Ever.
For: my SP4 Pal -- can't say who she is until she gets her package! I hope the colours and pattern suit her! The picture is a little brighter than the colours are live and in person -- but it is quite close.
Mods: Just one ... I like the look of a wide cuff folded in half ... so made a 2 inch cuff instead of the 1 incher the pattern called for
Again? definately ... the pattern is not only pretty, but it is a really "quick learn" which makes it almost as easy as a Vanilla! I really like the look of the finished sock, and think they would be nice presents for Christmas. I would probably make a different heel, as the pattern calls for a stocking stitch heel, and i usually knit (and prefer) a thicker heel -- I knit it according to the pattern

I have several goodies to put in with the socks ... some treats from my area and some other knitterly things, which will all go in the post tomorrow (** Edit: it got reeally busy at work and in life, so I missed the post office and the store for paper -- but it will definately go ASAP.) It has been a lot of fun to knit the socks and a little challenging to try to get to know someone through their blog and via email, but it has been an interesting 'Palooza. I will be happy to finally be able to send the socks on their journey.

Last night we went on an overnight trip to our camp with my sister, her husband and 2 of their friends. Thew camp is a small cabin on an isolated island, and this trip was T and my first overnight of the season. We had a lot of fun ... ate 2 yummy meals that T cooked (for supper, bbq ribs, corn on the cob and a blueberry/peach danish that my sister'd friend brought along , and breakfast, scallop fritters, home fried hashbrowns, bacon and eggs), told scarey stories and toured around on the boat. There is no power there, or running water, and it is a very relaxing place to go -- very rarely is there another person on the whole island when we are there.

When we arrived Saturday afternoon, T discovered that someone had broken into the camp ... smashed the door in (a really big piece of wood was smashed away from the doorjamb ... whoever did the damage must have taken the wood with them - it was nowhere to be found, so we couldn't fix it last night). The weird thing is -- nothing in the camp was touched! Not a thing was out of place or missing. Peculiar! My sister was a little nervous that the break and enterers (hereafter known as "the man with the hook") might come back through the night to get us (I figured - its an island ... we would hear any boat that entered the harbour, it's located in the Atlantic Ocean - not easy to sneak up on us!). When we woke up this morning we were all please to note that the man with the hook hadn't come back. My FIL & MIL are staying the night tonight, so they are working on the repairs this afternoon.

No comments: