Friday 26 February 2010

It has become a bit of an Obsession


stocking hat
Originally uploaded by HeddyD
Thsi baby hat thing, for my friend the photographer, has become an obsession for me ... she wants unusual hats, and cute too, for babies from just a few days old to those who are just turning one. It's been a lot of fun making them (lots of giggling at the pure cuteness of a weee hat - not bragging, just anything "that" tiny is adorable!)

This hat is made from Sandnes Garn's Alpha, in colourways that only have numbers (boring! so I am not writing them here -- I prefer "Spring Green" and Tormented Teal". The pattern is Purl Dreams hat -- which is the same pattern as the one I made in multicolours, with the purple bow -- I made several mods to make this a stocking hat.

Can't wait to see it on a real live newborn - perhaps pictures will follow!


fringe blanket
I also made her a schwankyfringie balnkie for posing the little ones on ... that was a hoot to make, and used more novelty yarns than should be allowed in any one place at a time!!

1 comment:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Great hat and that blanket is CRAZY!