Wednesday 1 July 2009

I 'm like a record player ... stuck in a groove

I can't stop knitting these bags ...



Every day, even when I am really busy, I try to do a few rounds on a bag. I talk about them to everyone I know, whipping the current bag in progress out of my ever present knitting bag, stogged full of cotton (you know, in case I finish the bag I'm working on, and can cast on a new one ... the sign of one fully obsessed).

I've even been dreaming about them ... I wake up wondering if the strap should be modified to be ribbed, instead of garter, and if the people I dreamed I gave bags to would really like one in real life. I've been buying cotton like there is no tomorrow (and like I am able to whip up a bag in an hour or two ... which isn't likely - but I have enough yarn stockpiled now that if the yarn store closed for a few days, and my car was broken down too, I could get through without the possibility of having to stop knitting the Grrlfriend market bags until all was right in the knitting world).

I am trying to get a bunch of them done up for Christmas and Fall birthdays coming up in my circle of friends and family (and maybe try a few at a craft sale in the Fall)... but I like each of the ones I have made so much, that I am having trouble saving them until Christmas or Fall - they keep making their way into my purse to use at the store.


Details about these 2 are on my Ravelry project page.

(Edited to add - If you've been in my kitchen before, you'll probably be wondering about the chair ... and the floor. We just did a "kitchen transformation - new paint, new hardwood floor - birch - and new kitchen table set - pub style stools and high table. I am lovin' it!).

3 comments:

lexa said...

I need to do another cotton order cuz of you! LOL! Not that I'm complaining, but it's really picked over now.

Don't forget we have tax free on Friday and Saturday in case you need some more cotton, lol!

Yvette said...

The sheer volume of your output is staggering.

Anonymous said...

Lovin' them!!!! AP