Thursday 31 December 2009

A forgotten FO

I meant to Blog this pair of Socks a while ago, but it slipped my mind ... better late than never, I guess :) I did manage to get them on my Ravelry Projects page when they were done, but just took their picture taken this evening.

These were cast on on Dec. 5th (as knitting to take to the Theatre while watching Twilight New Moon - I enjoy the look of the socks much more than I enjoyed New Moon. I had hoped for more action, not a soppy love story. And if I had to choose side -- Team Jacob, Definitely! Pasty skinny, kinda wimpy looking dude who mopes around all the time, or a tall, dark handsome fella with tons of rippling muscles, who rarely wears a shirt -- the choice is easy - s'all I'm saying!).

Anyhow, back to the socks ... cast on Dec. 5th before going to the movie, finished Dec. 15th - plain vanilla pattern. Knit as usual on my 2.75 mm Estelle bamboos dpns, with Kroy FX yarn in Cascade colourway, and the Flax colourway for the heels, toes and cuffs.

My MIL asked me to knit a pair of socks for her dear friend (who apparently compliments my MIL a lot on the handknit socks my MIL has - all knit my me). For Christmas, she gave her friend a pair, and the friend apparently liked them so much, my MIL thought she'd enjoy another pair for her birthday in February. So these socks are a birthday gift for my MIL's friend M.

This picture doesn't give a true interpretation of the colours, but the camera battery was low (not much flash) and it is late at night, so that's all I have for now to show. I'll try to get another shot soon to put in this post.

No comments: