Wednesday 25 March 2009

FO finished - secret knitting no more!

A friend of mine had her baby girl today, after quite a wait (she was 2 weeks past her due date - and the anticipation waiting for baby was really hard - on her friends, and it must have been very rough on her, too!) Anyhow - baby is finally here , and I can show what I knit for her ... Marti, if you see this, act surprised when I give you the gift, k?

I normally wouldn't give a peek at secret knitting until it is gifted, but I figure momma and baby are probably not surfing the net right now, and I know I will be able to get the present to her within 36 hours (I have other engagements in the town where the hospital is).

Also - the blog needed content, so people wouldn't think I had died -- so here we are --


Pattern: Boheme
Needles: 4.5 mm Boye interchangeables (pretty good with this yarn)
Yarn: Marble, James C. Brett (I think it is a division of Kertzer)... can't find the label, not sure of colourway- but looking at the web, I guess it is 09 - Berries
Size: 6 months
Time in: Started after supper March 20, finished after supper March 21 - fast and fun!
Mods: none - except to make a 3 st. garter stitch border on each side of the body , as others recommended to prevent curling
Again?: For sure! It was quick, entertaining to knit and I would probably knit it again with the marble yarn ... it was fun to watch the stripes appear, and i don't think they interfere with the lace effect on the vest.

7 comments:

lexa said...

Finally, finally, FINALLY!! LOL! Look how anxious we all were, imagine how poor Andrea was. Love the little outfit. Knitting itty bitty girly stuff is so fun. :)

Donna M said...

How sweet is that? She will love it!!!! And by that I mean both she's!

Sarah B. said...

So adorable. I love that it's not powder pink! She's going to look so cool in it!

Dorothy said...

Very nice!!

Anonymous said...

That's adorable!

I'm due with Baby #2 in Septmeber.
Just sayin ; )

Marti said...

I *heart* this little vest. She'll look so chic and stylish. I'm thinking wee jeans. And Robeez...of course.

PS: My notification word is 'mantspu'.

Anonymous said...

Heather:

That is just beautiful. You are such a creative knitter.

K.