Saturday 9 May 2009

For a new sole to enter this world, a sole must leave it.

That's what an old lady I knew when I was little always said.

As I was nearing the end of these (Ravelry link) lovelies, I looked down and saw this ...


One sole leaving, another sole born!


Details
Pattern: Plain vanilla socks, my regular, everyday pattern
Needles: 2.75 mm Harmony dpns
Yarn: Lana Grossa Cotton Fantasy, colourway 3005
knit for: me!
again? Yep - love the yarn, and I like a self striping in a plain vanilla sock (next time I use this yarn, though, I may go down a needle size, as the cotton seems to knit a bit looser than wool, and the stitches bag out a bit on wearing the socks. Also - I think the green colourway (colour 3006) I picked up in this yarn will be very nice in Broadripple!)

3 comments:

Donna M said...

The new socks are lovely and so you!

Marti said...

Very pretty :)

lexa said...

Yes, green Broadripples in that kind of yarn would be very nice.