Saturday 23 February 2008

Oh -- how I hates it

I am so sick of snow!






We got a huge dump of it last night ... they were calling for 15 cm., and I think we got way more than that. Parts of my yard were over my high boots!






The snow is pretty, but I still am not being won over. I had plans today! and now they are indefinite plans ... and there are decisions to make about whether it is safe to go.
This is my new favorite link -- I keep checking to see if the Bridgewater camera is snow covered, and if the roads look good -- so far, they look OK; not great, but OK. I think the trip is on again -- maybe only as far as Bridgewater, or depending on the roads, the whole way in to Halifax. Or ... I dunno, maybe it would be safer to stay home.
Crap ... I hate snow.


I hate grey, and white and grey.



Onto brighter things ... this is the final bloom on my amaryllis, one that I have had for at least 5 or 6 years. It normally blooms right after Christmas, following months and months of neglect. I can't recall the name of the colour ... I call it "Cheery". I have another that I got in the after Christmas markdowns this year ... it is orange, and has already done its thing (I, being the very organized me that I am, didn't take a single picture of it -- It was drop dead gorgeous!), and you'll have to wait to see if I can get it to bloom again next year.
My grandmother, Alice, had a thing for amaryllis, and a real green thumb to boot. She used to plant her bulbs in the garden each summer, then bring them in in the winter -- she'd get 2 batches of blooms out of them. I don't put mine in the garden -- I have a tendency to forget about the bulbs that don't overwinter, and they wind up frozen.

2 comments:

lexa said...

I use that highway web cam link all the time. T has me on there and on the NB one checking road conditions for him all the time. It's really quite helpful. The Confederation Bridge cam is a live streaming cam, kinda neat.

Hope you get/got for your trip today. We did get way more snow than what they called for. I think we've had way more than enough for the season.

Donna M said...

Snow is pretty and white and fluffy! Be nice to snow and it will go away!
Spring is around the corner!