Sunday 13 September 2009

A week of knitting

I've been on vacation for a week, and with the nice weather, T has been in the woods alot, getting next Winter's firewood cut ... so I have had a glorious week of knitting! I love to have time to sit and knit with no worries about having to be somewhere or getting something else done (plus the craft sale is next week, and I had next to nothing ready for it - so this week was 'do or die' time for me).

Tah dah!

I started knitting these purses on Sept. 7th and finished the last one on Sept 13 (this morning). The navy and green one was started ages ago (in May) but had been put away half finished, so getting that done was what started the ball rolling. I think I will give my wrists a break for a few days ... until these dry, and maybe knock off another one or two just before the sale.

The pictures are, of course, pre-felting, but once they have dried and are assembled, I'll post finished pictures of them with details re; yarn used, etc.

It feels good to have finished 5 purses ... I was a little worried that I'd have only jam to take to the sale, but now at least there is something done.

Well, I am off to felt these bags and get them blocked! (and probably knit another one - they are pretty addictive!)

3 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Great colour combos on the bags!

Donna M said...

Look forward to seeing the felted results!

lexa said...

Can't wait to see the "after" pictures. :)