Friday 1 January 2010

How I spent my New Year's Eve

My niece A is 7 years old, and got a knitting kit from her grandmother for Christmas. Last night, she asked me if I could teach her to knit ... I think she has a lot of knitting talent (she caught on so fast, and after about half an hour, she was knitting on her own, just asking me to check her work once in a while!).


The reason I think she'll be a knitter? we cast on for a Barbie scarf, and she told me "I think I can finish this before bed." A Knitter? I think so!

4 comments:

lexa said...

That is a sure sign she is a knitter, lol! A new addition to the Knit Nite gang?!

Donna M said...

Yay! Another joins the fold!

Cute pic!

Yvette said...

Happy New Year to you! Go ahead and cast on your blingy yarn. I did see the blue purple colour as well, but am trying to expand my palette a bit.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Looks like a fun night! Happy New Year!