Thursday 18 January 2007

Starting small

These are my first FO of 2007 (the picture only shows 1 but they are a pair! I discovered that it is very hard to take a picture of yourself wearing gloves!) These are for my niece's 10th bithday this weekend ... pretty colours, but the yarn is a little scratchy ... Red Heart 'Strata' in the Bermuda colourway. The pattern is Voodoo Wrist Warmers from Knitty . Its a little hard to see in the picture, but there are colour variations in the larger bands of colour ... and the yarn is a self patterning (I'd only ever seen that feature in the finer guage sock yarns, and thought it would be fun to try it in a worsted). The next pair of fingerless I'd like to try a nice soft wool or blend and a bit more difficult pattern (I think I'll start these with this in Medium Blue ... the Shetland Chunky is very soft). I may take my niece to the LYS to let her pick her own colour/yarn and I will make her another pair (this started because I was knitting a pair for me, and she oohhed and aahhed over them a lot, so I thought I would whip her up a quick pair. I started them last night and finished them tonight after work (they knit up really fast.

Its been so cold the past few days that it was tempting to add fingers and a thumb to them!! It feels good to have something completed after such a long time with no finished anythings!! I used to be a knitting machine! LOL! I did knit a lot -- my husband used to call me "Hot Needles!" tee hee!

It is getting late ... hopefully tomorrow night I will have my scarf finished to post a picture .



No comments: