Wednesday 29 August 2007

Secret Pal Questionnaire #2

ok ... here it is - more information about me (I am not egocentric, but am taking part in Secret Pal 11 and answering questions helps the person who has me learn more about my likes and dislikes -- and if I post this, i am entered to win a prize! and I love a contest!)

1. What is the one knitting accessory you could not live without?
I don't really have anything I am sentimentally attached to, but if this is about something I use a lot to get my knitting accomplished, I guess that would be my darning needle for sewing in the ends ... I buy more of those than anything, and am always losing them in the car, and poking them into balls of yarn, and just plain misplacing them ... every sock I finish, I have to root around for a darning needle!

2. If you're heading on vacation, do you take knitting with you? If so, how much and what type of project? I do take knitting with me ... but it drives my husband batty (I tend to focus on the knitting and not the fun activities of the place we are vacationing in). I try to give myself variety so I can knit in whatever situation I find myself in ... a simple pattern for driving or where my attention must be divided, a more complex pattern for time when i can focus on knitting, and a few extras of each in case I finish a project and need something else to work on.

3. Where have you travelled to that you'd consider your favorite spot?
If I say, you'll laugh at me ... then google it to see where I am talking about! We travelled by train once to Matepedia, Quebec and stayed for 3 or 4 days. it was breathtaking and one of the best most simple stress free memorable vacations I have ever had! We went for our wedding anniversary. Matepedia is a community renowned for its salmon fishing, and is also the start of the Appellation Trail. The views from the first kilometer of trail are beautiful, and there is canoeing in the Matepedia and Petapedia rivers, and not a lot else to do in the town! We had the best time, just poking around (on foot - no car rental place there), learning about the salmon fishing guide businesses, and the ecology of the area. On the train ride, all the Via staff kept asking where we were going (none recognized the codes on the ticket! apparently it isn't a 'hot spot" for travellers) and why we were going there. We just picked it out of a Quebec travel guide and thought it sounded interesting.
4. What is your favorite knitting book at the moment? Do you own it?
I don't read a lot of knitting books .. I have 3 of Stephanie Pearl MacPhee's books, and enjoy them, but aside from that have no real opinion on knitting books -- tell me what are some good choices, I can't even begin to think about it!

5. Do you listen to podcasts? Which is your favorite(s)?
Nope ... I am not very savvy that way

6. If you could only knit with 1 color for the rest of your life, what color would that be?
Man, that's a tough one ... One colour? I suppose it would be something cheerful, maybe lime green? I have a lot of lime, so I could possibly start now and knit til the end of my days 9or for a very long time) ... or maybe a nice rusty shade of orange, or to stretch my boundaries, i could go for pink! (I didn't really answer that one, eh? -- I guess it would be lime)

7. If you were far into a project and then noticed a mistake near the beginning what would you do? be very angry! It would depend on the severity of the mistake and if it was for me or as a gift ... small mistakes in something for me are not too bad, but mistakes in gifts are not good! The course we took from Lucy Neatby in the spring gave all sorts of helpful tips on fixing mistakes ... I would probably try one of those, and if I royally messed it up, I would go as a sobbing mess to my LYS, and let someone with more ability help me.

8. Where is the most unusual spot you've ever knit?
I wanted to take my knitting with me to the rolling Stones concert, but was scared security would take my needles from me at the gate. I have knit on a boat, while everyone else was fishing ... is that unusual?

1 comment:

lexa said...

I wanted to take some knitting to the Stones concert, too, and was afraid it would be confiscated! Just as well, too, since it ended up raining on us.

I like the Austerman you have set aside at the store. I was eyeing one of those today. There was another one that caught my eye, too, and I see we got more of the brownish shades in. They'd be good for man socks for Christmas. On my way home from vacation I decided that I was going to try to knit from the stash unless I needed yarn for a Christmas gift or something. I think I may have to break down and pick up a couple of Austerman! One for me, one for a gift, one for me, one for a gift... LOL!