Friday 26 October 2007

What You miss when when you have other commitments

This is what you miss ...

and these ...


Yes they are homemade cookies!

I popped in on the Knit Nite to see how things were going (I had to work, so couldn't take part .. just a quick drop by) ... and hoping that Sheri had some knitterly company -- I was so pleased to see four knitters laughing and knitting and having what seemed to be a good time.

Sheri, Andrea and 2 Donnas were knitting wonderful things ... Sheri has a new sock on the needles, Andrea is making a toddler sweater, Donna is working on another baby rocketry sweater and Donna (joining us for the first time) was working on cashmere fingerless gloves.

This Knit Nite thing is working out well ... I am sooo happy to now have a little community of fellow knitters --- some girls to knit with! Thanks for coming (and thanks for the cookies Sheri). When it started, I wasn't sure what the "pattern" of it would be - but I really like the way it is knitting up, and I don't think it needs to have a formal "shape" or anything like that ... we'll let it evolve and see what happens (I am going to miss it the next few weeks ... what will I do with my Wednesdays until Nov. 14th?)

4 comments:

Donna M said...

It was a fun night and so nice to meet other knitters who have such a range of experience and ideas. Now we have a knitting resource at hand if we need it! Everyone seems to have their own area of expertice and that is a wonderful way to learn new techniques and get great project ideas!

Knitting Linguist said...

It looks like a great evening -- *I* need to find a local knit nite with homemade cookies and good company!

lexa said...

It's going to be a loooonnnngggg couple of weeks, I can tell you that! There was a young lady in yesterday that wanted to come to Knit Nite, but their car was in the shop so she had no way up. She's hoping to get here next time. It would be fun to have it grow to 10+ people, wouldn't it?

lexa said...

Should have waited to post. One of the yarn orders just came in. It's the one with the Classic Wool. Some new colors of that and the Decor. Hopefully the sock yarn order will be in next week.