Monday 28 July 2008

SP 12 Questions

I haven't been posting my answers to the SP12 weekly questions ... sorry to my Pal -- I hope you have had enough information about me from other sources and my blogging. I just haven't really had an answer to those questions that I could make a whole post about-- but I figured in fairness, I'd give you some answers now.

Week #7 - What is(are) your favorite place(s) to knit?
and What supplies (besides yarn & needles) make the setting perfect for knitting?

I like knitting pretty much everywhere(haven't found a place I don't enjoy!) I like to knit in the car,at movies, at home, in restaurants, at the doctor's office -- I am usually never not knitting. I especially enjoy knitting with other knitters - Knit Nite at Donna's is one of my favorite places to knit.

Knitting supplies to make it more enjoyable? Coffee and peanut M & Ms definitely add to the whole happy vibe.


Week # 6 - What is your favorite type of project to take along on holiday/vacation?If you’d like to share a story…Tell us about a time that you packed too much knitting or were stranded without knitting.

I like to take socks or a purse along on vacation ... easy to do, and to find where in the pattern you are. Portability of these 2 projects makes them ideal as well.

One time my Husband took me for a drive to a friends place (who was working on T's tractor at the time) ... 5 minutes he said. So I left the knitting at home -- an hour of tractor talk from the fellas with me waiting impatiently in the car, and now I even take it with me when we hop in the car to go to the grocery store (once bitten, twice shy!).


Week #5 - 1) Where is your favorite place to go for vacation/holiday? 2) Where is one place you’d like to go?

In the winter, I like hot and sunny - we are pretty dull in our choices though (we've been to the DR 3 times). Maybe next time we'll try Spain.
For local travel, we love the Annapolis Valley -- Wolfville, NS is a favorite, and we enjoy staying at all the little b&bs and inns there.

My dream vaation? I would love to go to China someday ... to see the Great Wall and experience a totally different lifestyle than what we live would be really interesting.


Week #4 - 1) What yarn (that you don’t have/haven’t used) would make your stash “complete”? 2) What yarn do you never want to be without?

I really don't know what yarn would make my stash complete -- I tend to buy and try a lot. Thankfully, thy keep coming out with more and different types of yarn, so I have no fears or worries about the stash ever being "complete" (a girl can always use more yarn ... even if she has lots!)

I really would be lost if I had no sock yarn ... they are one of my favorite projects, probably because of their versatility. You can learn a lot of different techniques when making a sock, without the long term commitment of a big project like a blanket or sweater!


Week #3 - What would you consider the perfect amount of stash?

I have no answer for this ...I think it would be cool to have a room big enough to store lots of yarn in all sorts of colours so you could just go in and pick out what you need, but I also get a kick out of shopping for yarn ... so I wouldn't have that thrill if I had a mega stash room (although it would be pretty cool!).

Week #2 - As a kid, what did you look forward to most about summer vacation/break/holiday?

I liked the idea of the leisure time ... I like to sleep in and lay around in bed, getting up when I want with no schedule, letting things just happen. I am not great with a routine or agenda - I am more of a spur of the moment gal.


Week #1 - What is your favorite summertime drink??

Again, no real answer for this ... I love coffee year round, and it is usually my drink of choice year round. If it is really hot, anything cold will do.

There .... I am now caught up on the SP 12 questions.

Next post will be soon ... look for some actual knitting content. It has been absolutely crazy here the past week ... but I have gotten some projects done and others started, and I will blog them, once I get a chance to sit and write.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like your answeras. They are cool..... well, Spain is my favorite also for holiday trips.