Sunday 18 October 2009

my favorite flavour


...vanilla!

I cast these on as movie knitting, Friday night, so I'd have something to do during the Trailer Park Boys Countdown to Liquor Day movie. I can't do anything more complex than a stocking stitch in the dark, so vanilla socks these will be!

If the yarn looks familiar, it may be because I had started knitting socks from this yarn before, but it was too pink to be socks for T, so to the frog pond it went!

These will be socks for my step mother for Christmas ... and the fact that they are knit from Austermann Step and are for my Stepmother makes me giggle a little as I knit away.

I have 8 Shrek hats to knit (3 are totally done, 2 more are partially done ... so I am getting there), and need a break. Knitting with a different weight for a few days takes some of the strain off my hands/wrists.

ETA - first one is now done ... except for toe grafting, but I'll wait to do that until the second one is done.

4 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Nice socks! Cool colours

lexa said...

Looking good!

Donna M said...

The socks look great. The word play on step is wide open: step by step is a good one!

Barbara from Nova Scotia said...

I love that colourway!