Saturday 4 September 2010

This Here's a Story 'bout a Hurricane

We are in the midst of a hurricane watch ... Hurricane Earl is on its way with landfall expected somewhere near here. It is really windy and the dogs are refusing to go outside because of the rain and wind. (they are pretty cute, so I can't be mean to them and MAKE them go out)

I'm hoping it isn't too bad ... T is working today and I dread the thought of dealing with things if it gets really bad!

I am also planning to Jam again today (got 25 bottles made yesterday - 3 batches, and still have another 5 or 6 batches to go). I bought 25 lbs of peaches and want to use them all so they don't spoil ... that would be wasteful! Peach jam is yummy! I have a bunch of blueberries I should do up too, but they keep longer than peaches, so todayt is a peachy day :) Hopefully we don't lose power, and my jam making dreams will be dashed!

11 years ago today (at 12:30 p.m.), Tom and I were married. It doesn't seem that long ago! Normally, we go away on our anniversary, but he's working this year and can't get it off, so we'll likely have a nice dinner somewhere (if the hurricane doesn't have too much effect), and maybe go somewhere fun later in the week when he's off. I'm on vacation all week, and he's got 5 of the next 10 days off, so I'm sure we'll have some sort of adventure :)Perhaps a trip to Coffin Island (once the ocean has recovered from Earl), or a trip to the Valley ... who knows! T and I have a good time wherever we go!

I gotta go make jam!

4 comments:

lexa said...

Happy anniversary!

A couple of my neighbors have badly damaged trees, one is hauled right out of the ground. One of my trees has a big branch off. Grrr!

PS Sometime you guys are going to Coffin Island for just a couple of hours I wanna come! (Not on an anniversary trip or anything.) I've never been there, and every time I go to Beach Meadows we sit across from it, and I look at those buildings and think, "Gee, I have to find someone to take me there sometime!"

Donna M said...

Congrats on your wedding anniversary! Hope you had a special dinner somewhere!

Marti said...

Happy Anniversary :) I hope you managed a dinner out somewhere. Last evening was quite beautiful compared to the rest of the week.

Yvette said...

Congratulations. Many more happy years to you and Tom.
Hope the dogs and your house! are OK. I hear a lot of the East Coast lost power for a long while.