Thursday 20 October 2011

Bits and bobs

Just a few things I have been working on ... a dishcloth with a Jack O Lantern on it (a bit hard to see, but trust me, it is there - LOL!)

The BSJ I started a while ago, trying to see if I can toddler size it by just changing the yarn weight a bit (this is Patons Shetland Chunky, and is looking quite a bit bigger than the one I knit with worsted weight yarn) ... it is coming along, but I have been busy with owls, and not knitting on it lately. I want to get this done by the end of the month so it is off of my work space.

Also have been pugging away on a few hats ... Shrek in Navy

a pint sized version of Shrek,

and another Santa Claus hat (just because it is cute, and I have a few Christmas craft Sales coming up).

I feel a major case of Startitis coming on ... last night I cast on a pair of men's socks (after frogging a pair thet weren't working out well - a case of needles too big for the chosen yarn). for the new pair, I cast on in Patons Kroy Socks Stripes, in Cyan Stripes colourway (I made a pair a few years ago for my baby brother in this colourway, and liked it alot, so am thinking a pair for T or my dad would be nice (it is a bit more wild than my dad is used to ... so we'll see how they look when I am done, and go from there!). yesterday afternoon, I cast on for another owl, using remanents from raul (I loves the browns in him!) and don't have the blue owl before him finished yet -- just the legs, feet and sewing on the wings, beak and eyes to go. today I found myself looking at patterns for fancy-schmancy fairisle Christmas stockings (not sure why - I sewed T & I a nice pair when we first got together, and we use them every year ... this will be their 19th year of use!), and was drooling over patterns and picking out colour schemes!

No comments: