Tuesday 17 April 2007

My first Cookie!

I have been working away since Friday evening on my first Cookie A. pattern, and after some help from Lexa ... I think I have it down pat! YO was giving me troubles (Hadn't ever done a YO that wasn't followed by a Knit stitch of some kind, so was totally messed up!) I ripped the first 3 inches of sock out 3 times before I finally clued in that I needed help, and wasn't going to figure it out on my own. Thanks again, Lexa!

I have been working a lot lately and been away a lot too, so haven't had a lot of time to work on the socks (by the way, the pattern is "Hedera" ) but am making good progress ... no picture until they are done! I am done to the heel on each of them, so am hoping to be done the pair by the weekend, which will have me on track for the 52 pair plunge -- pair 3 hopefully finished in week 3.

They are made of the Fleece Artist sale yarn stash that T got for me ... quite nice to work with, glad I have lots more. Sorry, No picture -- but honestly, I want to show the socks when they are done, and the weather here has been awful the past few days (blowing hard and heavy rain! terrible for pictures!).

4 comments:

lexa said...

Glad you are on track with the Hederas now. Can't wait to see a picture of them!

Yes, this rotten weather sucks. The weekend is looking like it will be a good one. I'll take the boys outside, maybe do some yard work, sit in the sun and knit! I finished my second pair for the 52PP (socks for the Littlest One, pics to follow soon). I think tonight I'll start a pair for the Oldest One so he doesn't feel neglected. I forgot about Mother's Day coming soon, too, so I'd better start that pair for my Ma really soon as well! So much to knit, so little time...

lexa said...

Me again. Check out this link

http://www.paradisefibers.net/Austermann-Step-Sock-Yarn-p/943.htm

and let me know if there are any colors in particular that you are interested in. I know you said one with fuschia stripes. I am going to try to get Karen to order this week. I just had another lady through looking to buy a bunch of it. She was in Middleton the other day, and they were totally sold out. She's bought both of our colors and wants more. I have these colors on my list: 09, 12, 23, 08, 07, 18.

lexa said...

Me yet again! She's ordering two "variety bags" of the first ten colors. That will be two balls of ten different colors. Then after a bit she's ordering two bags of the second ten colors. This was we get a better variety, albeit small, and we can restock what ones seems to sell best with full bags. I think she's ordering today, so I'll keep you posted when it arrives.

trixie stix said...

I need to get my hands on one of Cookie's patterns . . . I'm just having a hard time deciding which one. The Hedra's are a very comfortable sock (I made a pair last summer), so I can't wait to see yours.

Thanks for the nice comment on my fraternal socks on the 52 Pair KAL.