Sunday 1 July 2007

Happy Canada Day!

Today is a day to feel proud to be a Canadian ... and with that in mind ... I did a little 'vestigating, and discovered a few things about Canada (some that I knew and some that I didn't know!)

There are a lot of cool inventions that originated here, we have exported musical talent, actors and comedians across the globe to meet with international fame and success, our food is well known . I discovered that I have met, carried on a civilized conversation and had a Diet Coke with the richest man in Canada ... and also flirted with his little brother at an art show at a gallery I used to work at (who knew?).

What did I do on Canada Day? I finished the SWS Natural Blue Booga Bag for my friend ... started at 11 p.m. last night while Lexa was visiting, worked on it til 2 a.m., then on and off through Canada Day. At 8 p.m. tonight, I finished the I-cord. Now I just need to weave in all the ends and felt it! That will have to wait until morning -- it is after 11 and I think I will try to get a decent nights sleep tonight (2 late knites knitting and I am tired). Pictures of the before and after tomorrow!

My siste, her husband and my 2 nephews are visiting my Mom for the weekend. I hung out down there for most of the evening -- they are so cute!

No comments: