Thursday 26 May 2011

Leavin' on a jet plane ...

but I know when I will be back again!

I am going on a little trip to Newfoundland for a few days. I left on May 23 and will be home on Saturday, May 28. It should be a good time ... Tom's family are all there (his parents moved to NS when T was 2 years old, and his brothers were 4 and 6 years old). There are lots of uncles, aunts, cousins and one grandmother over there, who we don't see often, and I am really looking forward to the trip.

Of course, I am not packed yet ... well, I will be by the time you read this! But when i am writing this on Sunday morning, I am not packed). One thing that is boggin me down on the packing is what to take for knitting? -- I am at a total loss. I want to take along my May pull for the Self Imposed Sock Club (which are nearly done)
, and some sock yarn for a vanilla pair for mindless knitting on the plane and at the airports, but other than that ... I haven't a clue. I don't want to look like a knitting idiot with a ton of yarn, but I also don't want to run out - I have put myself on a fairly strict yarn diet since the buying frenzy that was the 2 month closing sales at our local yarn shop (far too much stah to even contemplate another ball of sock yarn, or Briggs and Little in any weight!).

Weird, eh? You'd think I could come up with something exciting to take along ... I think I am bogged down by the fact that a lot of it will be social knitting - so I need to have pretty basic stuff, so I can particiapte in conversations - but also I don't want to be bored to tears with hours of stocking stitch. Plus, I want colour to take with me - cheery spring colours! Hard choices!

Visits to Newfoundland haven't been frequent - I have ben there twice ever, both times in the month of June, for birthday parties. The last time I was there was about 5 years ago. It should be a great time :)

Well - that packing isn't going to do itself!

2 comments:

Marti said...

Have a great trip. Can't wait to hear all about it :)

lexa said...

Have a good trip!