Thursday 4 September 2008

We're Gonna Party Like It's 1999

Sept. 4th, 1999. T and I got married ... it's so hard to believe that we have been married for 9 years already!

My sweetie surprised me with a beautiful Bulova watch for our anniversary (and me, being the slacker that I am, presented him with a partially finished sock, and the promise of its mate, to follow before Halloween! He was ok with that ... and that's one of the reasons I love him! )

We spent our anniversary on the Island, where we have a small camp. Duffy and Bruce joined us for our overnight adventure. T cooked for me









and we sat in the sun with the dogs while I knit.






It seems like we don't spend much time alone together, and it was really nice to just have it be me and him, not a care in the world!
He went for a hike along the rock beach (that's him wa-a-a-a-a-y up there, near the trees, and came back with beachcombing treasures. As you can see, the island is mostly rock, with very little grass or sand; the dogs don't get on very well there re: walking, and usually don't want to stray too far from the camp (we took them for a brief walk, and had to carry poor little Brucie back!)

We came back to the mainland on Sept. 5th, at dark. Very relaxing way to spend an anniversary.

** ETA: This is a picture of a puppy "roughing it" while at camp

2 comments:

Cookie said...

Happy anniversary!

Donna M said...

Looks and sounds like you had a wonderful anniversary! Glad to aee that Bruce wasn't too stressed over the whole thing!